One-of-a-kind taco joint to make its Georgia debut in March 2019
The popular Dallas-based taco joint announced today that it plans to begin construction on the new restaurant at the end of 2018. The new restaurant is projected to open in March 2019.
When it opens, Velvet Taco virgins will discover an all-day menu that explores the edge of multi-cultural boundaries, featuring an eclectic array of spices and tastes from across the globe. Everything is scratch-made, from the handmade corn tortillas and slow-roasted rotisserie chicken to the kick-ass margaritas and homemade red velvet cake.
“We couldn’t be more thrilled to expand into Georgia and to introduce our one-of-a-kind brand to everyone in Buckhead,” said Clay Dover, president of Velvet Taco. “I guarantee that people living in Buckhead have never had anything like Velvet Taco’s ‘tacos without borders,’ unless they’ve been to one of our other locations. We will begin hiring a team of about 70 in the months ahead who will join us in making people happy by serving up our locally sourced liberated tacos. We can’t wait to commence construction in this awesome city!”
Velvet Taco features a one-of-a-kind, funky, fast-casual setting that perfectly complements its unique cuisine, which features such international flavors as:
- Spicy tikka chicken – crisp tenders, spicy pepper sauce, buttered cilantro basmati rice, raita crema and thai basil on a flour tortilla
- Texas Akaushi bacon burger – peppered bacon, smoked cheddar, lettuce, onion, tomato, pickle and velvet sauce on a flour tortilla
- Cuban pig – gruyere cheese, slow-roasted pulled pork, shaved ham, peppered bacon, grain mustard and house-brined pickle on a crisp flour tortilla
- Shrimp and grits – creole mayo, blackened shrimp, crispy pepper jack cheese grits, charred tomato poblano salsa and micro cilantro on a corn tortilla
- And, not to be missed, the WTF – Velvet Taco’s “Weekly Taco Feature” – that introduces a new taco creation every week. Recent WTF favorites include the Nashville Hot Cauliflower, Crawfish & Pork Jambalaya, Hangover Burger, Vindaloo Flank & Hemp and the Velvet Elvis.
When the 2,514-square-foot restaurant opens, it’ll be the first Velvet Taco in Georgia and among more than 10 system-wide. The 2016 Nation’s Restaurant News “Hot Concept” Winner also has locations in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and Chicago. For more information and the full menu, visit velvettaco.com.
Velvet Taco: Tacos Without Borders.