Brand honors top franchisees, employees and suppliers at company’s annual convention held Sept. 16-20 in Orlando.
Tampa, FL (RestaurantNews.com) Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, Inc., the largest double drive-thru chain in the United States, honored its outstanding franchisees, employees and suppliers during the company’s “Best of the Best” Awards Ceremony at its annual National Convention held at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando from September 16-20, 2013.
The awards recognize franchisees and employees who have achieved great success over the past year, and have made an impact in their markets across the country.
“These awards showcase our tremendous franchisees and company operators and the passion they have for our brand,” Rick Silva, CEO of Checkers/Rally’s said. “We’re honored to recognize the incredible accomplishments of the franchisees, operators, employees and suppliers, who continuously reinforce the Checkers/Rally’s culture.”
Checkers Award winners include:
- People Development: Best Burger Management
- People Engagement Award: IB Corp
- Community Involvement: Andrew Lynn & Bruce Keehn, Best Burger Management
- Marketer of the Year/Traditional: Bobby Barrios
- Marketer of the Year/Non-Traditional: Cuong Pham
- Market Leadership Award: New York Coop (President Vijey Ghei, Secretary Rod Valencia, Treasurer Richard Bowditch)
- Market Turnaround Award: Mike & Pete O’Hara
- Opening Sales Retention Award: Nicole Wilski
- Quality of Opening Award: Alan Balen & Linda Shultz, IB Corp (Wickam Road)
- Rookie Franchisee of the Year: Maliq Misvah
- Developer of the Year: Parmajit Josan
- Ambassador to the brand: Shaji Joseph
- Guest Obsessed Service Awards: Company DM, COD, franchisee less than five restaurants
- Company Operator of the Year (Top 10): Alvaro
- FBC of the Year (Top 10): Mike Rosania
- Franchise Operator of the Year: Russell Harms
- Legacy Award: Khursheed Ahmad
- Franchise of the Year less than 5 restaurants: Rod Valencia
- Franchise of the Year more than 5 restaurants: Craig Joy
The 2013 award winners are chosen based on operational excellence and outstanding leadership within each category. Franchisees honored at the convention all exhibited excellent restaurant performance and made significant contributions to the brand. With nearly 150 franchisees and approximately more than 15,000 employees in the Checkers/Rally’s system, the “Best of the Best” Awards are an observance and celebration of not only the brand’s top franchisees and employees, but those who represent the best in the industry.
“Recognizing these award-winning individuals in front of our entire Checkers/Rally’s family at the convention is something our whole organization looks forward to each year,” Silva continued. “These winners are the reason we are such a vibrant growth brand today, and because of them, we will continue to take great strides and achieve success well into the future. I look forward to seeing what we accomplish together in 2014 and beyond.”
With nearly 800 restaurants and 25 plus years of experience, Checkers/Rally’s is consistently ranked highest in overall value by guests in the category. The company owns and operates nearly 300 restaurants and continues to add craveable menu selections and introduce daring flavors to its fans. Options such as Loaded Potato Skins, Cold Creations and the original Big Buford® aim to bring the freshest ingredients and boldest flavors to hungry guests. The company continues to innovate, and remains true to its commitment to provide crazy good food at an exception value.
Checkers is positioned for a record 2014 with opportunities for ownership available in Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, Philadelphia, New York and Washington D.C, among other cities.
For Checkers and Rally’s franchise information, please visit http://www.checkersfranchising.com.
Checkers/Rally’s Drive-In Restaurants, Inc. is the largest double drive-thru restaurant chain in the United States. The company develops, owns, operates and franchises both Checkers and Rally’s® restaurants. Based in Tampa, Fla., it has almost 800 restaurants open across the U.S. In recent years, the brand has been awarded several of the industry’s most prestigious awards including: “Best Drive-Thru in America” by QSR Magazine and the “Hot! Again Award” from Nation’s Restaurant News. For more information about Checkers, please visit http://www.checkers.com.
No Limit Agency