Six original dishes play up a multitude of pepper flavor profiles
Dallas, TX (RestaurantNews.com) Chili’s® Grill & Bar wants guests to know there’s much more to the multi-faceted range of peppers than just heat. That’s why the casual-dining brand introduced a new line of dishes as part of a Pick-a-Pepper platform, with six bold entrees showcasing the versatility of peppers.
From mild and tangy, to spicy and smoky, Chili’s features a pepper for everyone. If guests aren’t sure which peppers tempt their palates, an easy-to-use guide is available to help educate them on the range of pepper flavors. This tool outlines the heat level and specific characteristics of peppers represented throughout the Pick-a-Pepper entrees – and the entire Chili’s menu.
“Our latest culinary innovation, Pick-a-Pepper, fits perfectly with our namesake and our culinary DNA – after all, Chili’s knows chile peppers, from chipotle to roasted red pepper and jalapeno to habanero,” said Claudia Schaefer, vice president of marketing for Chili’s Grill & Bar. “We’re giving our guests a full range of entrees highlighting peppers that ignite their senses with a variety of flavors and heat levels.”
Chili’s six Pick-a-Pepper entrees are as follows (*denotes new menu item):
- *Smoky Chipotle Chicken Fajitas – sizzling grilled chicken, sauteed onions and bell peppers kicked-up with chipotle pesto sauce and melted Monterey Jack cheese. Topped with crispy onion strings;
- *Santa Cruz Steak – 100 percent USDA Choice 6-ounce sirloin topped with seasoned butter and a side of tangy verde sauce. Served over fire-roasted corn salsa with spicy jalapeño-cheddar mashed potatoes;
- *Roasted Red Pepper Grilled Chicken – grilled chicken breast served over a zesty roasted red pepper cream sauce. Topped with melted pepper Jack cheese and served with rice and steamed broccoli;
- *Chipotle Salmon – seared Cajun-spiced salmon with a smoky chipotle-garlic pesto cream sauce. Served with rice and steamed broccoli;
- * Spicy Grilled Shrimp Tacos – three flour tortillas with grilled shrimp in a spicy chile-lime sauce, fresh cilantro-lime slaw, house-made pico de gallo and sliced avocados;
- Lighter Choices Sweet & Spicy Chicken – Habanero and sweet orange glaze brushed over grilled chicken with onions and peppers. Served with rice and steamed broccoli.
New Pick-a-Pepper entrees are available at participating locations nationwide for a limited time only. As an added value offering for guests, the Santa Cruz Steak, Smoky Chipotle Chicken Fajitas and Roasted Red Pepper Grilled Chicken are featured on Chili’s $20 Dinner for Two menu.
Chili’s Grill & Bar is the flagship brand of Dallas-based Brinker International, Inc. (NYSE: EAT), a recognized leader in casual dining. Chili’s offers a fun, energetic atmosphere and a distinct, fresh mix of grilled American favorites at more than 1,500 locations in 32 countries and two territories. Brinker’s wholly-owned restaurant brands include Chili’s® Grill & Bar and Maggiano’s Little Italy®. Brinker also holds a minority investment in Romano’s Macaroni Grill®. Follow news about Chili’s on Facebook at www.facebook.com/chilis, @Chilis on Twitter and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/chilis. For more information, please visit www.chilis.com.
Since 1999, independent operators, national chains, PR companies and other restaurant related businesses have turned to RestaurantNews.com to distribute their restaurant news and help build their brands. To submit your restaurant news, please visit http://www.restaurantnews.com/press-release/.