Golden Corral proudly announces a summer camp for children of wounded or disabled military families. This initiative was designed to continue Golden Corral’s support of America’s veterans and their families. In the Summer of 2011, Golden Corral will send 400 children of wounded or disabled military families to a week-long camp free of charge (parents are only responsible for transportation to and from camp).
For the last 10 years, Golden Corral has supported America’s veterans with their “Military Appreciation Monday” event. This event has raised over $5,000,000 for the Disabled American Veterans organization and served almost 3 million veterans a free ‘thank you’ meal.
Camp Corral will provide a fun and developmental experience where kids are free to be kids, apart from the day-to-day challenges they face as children of wounded or disabled military families. An experience at Camp Corral is a memory that will last a lifetime. Kids will have an opportunity to create friendship and bond with other kids who share a similar family situation. –
Camp Corral information:
- There will be 3 one-week camp sessions: July 3-8, July 17-22 and July 31-August 5, 2011
- Camp participants – ages 8 to 15.
- On line registration at www.goldencorral.com/campcorral
- Camp Corral will be at held at Millstone 4-H Camp in Ellerbe, NC (www.NC4H.org/centers )
- Camp Corral will be managed and staffed by the 4-H Youth Development Organization and is accredited by the American Camp Association
- Campers will have a traditional camp experience with camp crafts, recreational water sports, target sports, horseback riding, ropes course, camp fire stories, etc.
- Camp Corral Hot Line for questions: 1-855-605-1267
- Donations to Camp Corral are accepted at any Golden Corral restaurant in North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia
Golden Corral Corporation, based in Raleigh, NC, is the franchisor of the Golden Corral restaurant system, which consists of more than 480 restaurants nationwide and is the owner and operator of approximately 103 of those restaurants in the United States.
Founded in 1971, Golden Corral specializes in offering unmatched quality, variety and value to its dining guests in a comfortable and casual buffet setting at an everyday affordable price.
For more information, please visit www.goldencorral.com.