Charlotte, NC (RestaurantNews.com) Hickory Tavern, the social gathering spot, where the neighborhood is drawn by a lively bar, great food and a passion for entertainment and sports, will honor America’s fallen military members on Memorial Day (Monday, May 29, 2017) at all 27 locations in 16 communities by offering a free hamburger to all veterans and active duty military.
“Memorial Day gives Hickory Tavern the opportunity to make a very small gesture to the brave men and women who served and are serving the United States armed forces to provide the blanket of freedom under which we all live,” said Hickory Tavern CMO Thom Perez. “We look forward to welcoming guests on Memorial Day and treating vets and troops as we all remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.”
Veterans and troops will be treated to one of Hickory Tavern’s signature Gameday Burgers:
- Tavern Burger – fresh ground beef, jack & cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and pickles
- Mushroom/Onion/Swiss Burger – fresh ground beef, mushroom, onions, swiss on grilled sourdough
- Southern Burger – fresh ground beef, chili, onions, slaw and yellow mustard
- Smokehouse Burger – fresh ground beef, two slices of thick-cut Applewood-smoked bacon, Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce, shredded jack & cheddar cheese and crispy onion straws
- Pimento Burger – fresh ground beef, house-made pimento cheese lettuce, tomatoes, onions and pickles
- El Diablo – fresh ground beef, Spicy Diablo sauce, pickled jalapenos, shredded pepper jack cheese and crispy onion straws
- Veggie Burger – a patty of three grains, brown rice, quinoa, bulgar, roasted corn, black beans & roasted red peppers topped with lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle
The offer includes a side of French Fries, Tavern Chips, Tater Tots or Broccoli.
Since opening its first location in Charlotte two decades ago, Hickory Tavern has become the neighborhood’s favorite destination for any occasion. Hickory Tavern’s unique brand of polished casual features a lively bar atmosphere, upscale menu and 60 big screen TVs and projectors for catching all of your favorite entertainment and sports. Hickory Tavern’s service is unsurpassed in casual dining and its team members go out of their way to create a customized and personalized experience: “your craveable experience.”
Hickory Tavern’s offer of a free hamburger to veterans and active duty military is available on Monday, May 29, 2017, open to close, no purchase necessary. All Hickory Tavern locations are participating. The offer is for dine-in only and cannot be combined with other offers. Military ID is required and the offer is valid only for the individual presenting ID. There is a limit of one meal per veteran or active duty military. Alcoholic beverages are not included and other restrictions may apply.
For more information, guests are encouraged to contact their local Hickory Tavern or visit www.TheHickoryTavern.com.
About Hickory Tavern
Founded in 1997, the Hickory Tavern brand has grown to include 27 businesses in 16 communities across the southeastern United States. Hickory Tavern is a neighborhood social gathering spot that is centered around a lively bar, serves great food and has a passion for sports and entertainment. The Hickory Tavern goal is to create your craveable experience. To do this Team Members connect with each guest individually to ensure that they deliver the specific experiences that each guest craves. Our guests use us for countless social reasons, occasions and events. Whatever the reason; Hickory Tavern is the perfect venue for Lunch, Happy Hour, Dinner, Late Night, Parties, Events and on Gameday. Hickory Tavern has added 2 new locations in 2017: Columbia, SC and Holly Springs, NC. Additional openings are planned across the entire Hickory Tavern footprint for 2017 and beyond. We hope to see you soon and often at Hickory Tavern!
150PR for Hickory Tavern