Italy’s Agriculture Minister cheerfully shed his jacket and donned a McDonald’s apron today to launch the ‘McItaly’ line — two new sandwiches and a salad featuring all-Italian produce. McDonald’s latest effort to “go Italian” was presented by the Minister, Luca Zaia and the head of McDonald’s Italia, Roberto Masi, at the flagship restaurant near the Spanish Steps in Rome. “McDonald’s speaks Italian,” said the banners (in Italian).
Beaming as he prepared one of the new burgers with artichoke spread (“they tell me that the sandwiches have to have a ‘spread’”), Asiago cheese, and lettuce — all produced in Italy including the hamburger meat and the bread — Zaia said he was excited by this new project .
- Grinding It Out: The Making Of McDonald’s
- McDonald’s: Behind The Arches
- Everything I Know About Business I Learned at McDonald’s: The 7 Leadership Principles that Drive Break Out Success
- None of Us is As Good As All of Us: How McDonald’s Prospers by Embracing Inclusion and Diversity
- Biography – Ray Kroc: Fast Food McMillionaire (DVD)
- Golden Arches East: McDonald’s in East Asia, Second Edition
- My Secret Life on the McJob: Lessons from Behind the Counter Guaranteed to Supersize Any Management Style