Moe’s anti-microwave video draws more than 1 million views


“Do not try this at home. Especially if you like to see, smell, hear, touch, talk and breathe.”

That’s the warning viewers get before seeing a little more than a minute of burning foil, an exploding egg, juice-spewing fruit, bubbling soap, a shattering champagne bottle, and other mayhem, all caused by a microwave in a YouTube video from Moe’s Southwest Grill.

The message? “Microwaves ruin everything,” and Moe’s doesn’t use them.

As of Tuesday, the video had more than 1 million views. Not bad for a video pulled together on a shoestring budget and promoted in-house.

Continue reading . . .