Nelson Marchioli, Denny’s CEO, Comments on Denny’s Free Grand Slam Giveaway:
“Once again our Free Grand Slam giveaway was a great day for Americans and a great day for Denny’s. We welcomed millions of Americans into our restaurants and served them our signature Grand Slam breakfast. We received an outpouring of the most genuine and heartwarming comments from our guests, servers and managers. We hope to continue to connect with our guests with real affordable offers all year long so they can fall in love with Denny’s again.”
Fast Facts on Denny’s Free Grand Slam giveaway:
- Denny’s served approximately 2 million Grand Slams across the U.S. Some restaurants served more than 200 breakfasts an hour, however, this increase from last year was offset by bad weather across the country.
- There were approximately 49 million hits on Denny’s website since the Super Bowl giveaway was announced; almost 24 million hits since Sunday’s Super Bowl commercials.
- Average wait time for Grand Slams was approximately fifteen to thirty minutes.
- Tables were turned approximately every fifteen minutes.
- Denny’s was a top ten trending topic on Twitter for Grand Slam Day and during the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl.
- Close to 300,000 have already registered for the new Denny’s Rewards program. The first 500,000 people who sign up will receive a Free Burger and Fries. Register online at www.dennys.com through February 14.
Denny’s is one of America’s largest full-service family restaurant chains, with more than 1,500 locations. For more than 50 years, Denny’s has been serving up real breakfast 24/7. Home of the famous Grand Slam® breakfasts, Denny’s provides a variety of flavorful food and beverage choices.
- Restaurant Marketing Secrets
- The Restaurant Marketing Bible: How To Market Your Restaurant on a Shoestring Budget
- Restaurant Marketing Strategies: Dramatically Improve Your Restaurant Profits While Spending Less Money
- Foodservice Marketing for the ’90s: How to Become the #1 Restaurant in Your Neighborhood
- Restaurant Marketing for Owners and Managers
- The Food Service Professionals Guide to: Increasing Restaurant Sales
- The Food Service Professional Guide to Restaurant Promotion & Publicity: For Just a Few Dollars a Day
- Restaurant Biz Is Showbiz!: Why Marketing Is the Key to Your Success
- Restaurant Newsletters That Pay Off
- Grassroots Marketing For The Restaurant Industry
- Marketing Plan for a Fast-casual Restaurant (Fill-in-the-Blank Marketing Plans, Volume 1 – Fast-casual Restaurant)
- 1000 Restaurant, Bar, and Cafe Graphics: From Signage to Logos and Everything In Between
- Bar and Restaurant Logos
- Logos of American Restaurants
- Creative Restaurant Graphics 1: Excellence in Contemporary Design