Program offers zero franchise fee, reduced royalties for the first five years of operation, and a free set of ovens for new restaurants signed through 2014
Louisville, KY (RestaurantNews.com) After another strong year of restaurant openings in 2013, Papa John’s is once again offering existing and potential franchisees an industry-leading package of incentives to join the Papa John’s family. Under the company’s 2014 Development Incentive Program announced today, franchisees signing development agreements in the U.S. now through 2014 can receive:
- No franchise fee ($25,000 value);
- A free set of Middleby-Marshall ovens, which may be purchased by the franchisee for $50 after operating for three years;
- 0% royalty for first 12 months of operation
- Second 12 months, 1% royalty
- Third 12 months, 2% royalty
- Fourth 12 months, 3% royalty
- Fifth 12 months, 4% royalty
- A $3,000 food credit with PJ Food Service, which operates Papa John’s fresh dough and food distribution quality control centers, for each restaurant that opens at least 30 days prior to the scheduled opening date.
“We are excited to offer this industry-leading development incentive program to new and existing franchisees,” said Tim O’Hern, Papa John’s Chief Development Officer. “The Papa John’s brand has a lot of momentum right now, and there are still a lot of areas for growth throughout the U.S., so now is the perfect time to become a Papa John’s franchisee.”
The program is generally available for new U.S. unit development agreements for traditional delivery and carryout units signed by qualifying franchisees through Dec. 28. Similar incentives are available for development of qualifying non-traditional units. The incentives are subject to the complete rules and eligibility requirements of the program at the time of signing a development agreement. Full program details are available upon completion and review of a Franchise Application accessible at www.papajohns.com.
Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, Papa John’s International, Inc. (NASDAQ: PZZA) is the world’s third largest pizza delivery company. For 12 of the past 14 years, consumers have rated Papa John’s No. 1 in customer satisfaction among all national pizza chains in the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI). Papa John’s is the Official Pizza Sponsor of the National Football League and Super Bowl XLVIII. For more information about the company or to order pizza online, visit Papa John’s at www.papajohns.com, or visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PapaJohns, on Twitter at http://twitter.com/PapaJohns.