Fresh, bright, seasonal flavors highlighted in six new dishes and two new cocktails
Scottsdale, AZ (RestaurantNews.com) Today P.F. Chang’s is unveiling its new Summer Seasonal Menu at locations nationwide, marking the largest culinary innovation to date in the restaurant’s 20-year history. The new menu highlights summer ingredients such as heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, mango, and pears—giving guests six all-new seasonal creations and wine pairings inspired by the bright flavors of summer:
- Grilled Pineapple-Citrus Swordfish with Summer Rice—Line-caught and grilled, served over a mix of rice and summer vegetables, topped with daikon sprouts. Suggested wine pairing: Chardonnay, Silverado
- Korean BBQ Chicken Stir-Fry—Sweet and spicy red chili sauce with fresh red peppers, onions and green beans, topped with a cool, refreshing kimchi slaw. Suggested wine pairing: Shiraz, Penfolds “Thomas Hyland”
- Heirloom Tomato & Thai Basil Salad—Market-fresh heirloom tomatoes, avocado, Thai basil and zesty ponzu dressing. Suggested wine pairing: Sauvignon Blanc, Brancott
- Summer Vegetable Quinoa “Fried Rice”—Wok-toasted quinoa with sunburst squash, mango, tomatoes and snow peas, topped with a sunny-side egg. Suggested wine pairing: Pinot Noir, Garnet
- Grilled Prawns with Chilled Peanut Noodle Salad—Red curry-peanut sauce with warm prawns, cool noodles, shaved snow peas, crispy shallots, bean sprouts, carrots, cilantro and lime. Suggested wine pairing: Albariño, Fillaboa
- Peking Duck Summer Rolls—Roasted duck with julienne green papaya, snow peas and carrots wrapped in cool rice paper, with mango-jalapeño vinaigrette. Suggested wine pairing: Corvina Blend, Masi “Campofiorin”
“Summer is an easy season to draw inspiration from, and these dishes take advantage of the bright flavors, textures and aromas to bring our guests something new,” said Yuji Iwasa, Head Development Chef of P.F. Chang’s.
In addition to the six new dishes, two new seasonal cocktails also make their debut:
- Long Island Tequila Tea—Featuring 1800 Silver, Reposado and Añejo Tequilas shaken with fresh sour mix and topped with Coca-Cola.
- Long Island Rum Tea—With Cruzan Mango, Guava and Aged Light Rums with fresh sour mix and a splash of cranberry with pink cherries.
“Guests already love our bar, and we’re proud to bring them two new, mixology-driven choices,” said Mary Melton, P.F. Chang’s Beverage Director. “Just like our commitment to scratch cooking with our food, we’re committed to fresh squeezed juices such as lemon, lime and sour mix as well as our house-made colada mix and ginger beer, made fresh daily.”
After 20 years of introducing guests to new Asian flavors at its upscale locations around the world, P.F. Chang’s has a remarkable history to celebrate.
“You have to keep evolving—there’s always room for new flavors and new ideas,” said Philip Chiang, co-founder of P.F. Chang’s. “The new dishes for our summer menu complement the P.F. Chang’s core menu, and are a wonderful addition because they will expand your culinary horizon.”
About P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc.
P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc.®, owns and operates two restaurant concepts in the Asian niche. P.F. Chang’s features a blend of high-quality, Asian-inspired cuisine and American hospitality in a sophisticated, contemporary bistro setting. Pei Wei Asian Diner® offers a modest menu of freshly prepared pan-Asian cuisine in a relaxed, warm environment, offering attentive counter service and take-out flexibility. In addition, the Company has extended the P.F. Chang’s brand to international markets and retail products both of which are operated under licensing agreements. For more information on P.F. Chang’s, please visit pfchangs.com, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter @PFChangs.