Los Angeles, CA (RestaurantNews.com) PizzaRev takes a page out of the Buffalo Wild Wings playbook with the launch of six custom hot sauces. The Buffalo Wild Wings-backed build-your-own pizza shop features the signature sauces at its ‘Rev It Up’ counter where guests can choose from a variety of ingredients, including dry-aged Parmesan cheese and Italian spices, to put the finishing touches on their custom, personal pizzas. The sauces are now available at 27 open PizzaRev restaurants across California, Texas, Utah, South Dakota, and Minnesota.
“Our new line of sauces adds to PizzaRev’s unique, fully customized dining experience,” said Nicholas Eckerman, COO and co-founder of PizzaRev. “Our guests now have the opportunity to ‘Rev It Up’ in a whole new way.”
The new line of signature hot sauces includes the following flavors:
- Garlic Habanero – Jam-packed with flavor, this sauce features the perfect mix of garlic and habanero and is the spiciest of the six flavors. (Scoville Heat Units: 200,00 – 350,000)
- Habanero – A smooth blend of aged red tabasco and habanero peppers adds medium heat. (Scoville Heat Units: 100,000 – 250,000)
- Cayenne Pepper – Louisiana style hot sauce that complements any pizza, adding mild to medium heat. (Scoville Heat Units: 15,000 – 30,000)
- Chipotle – A must have sauce featuring the deliciously smooth flavor of the chipotle pepper. (Scoville Heat Units: 12,000 – 30,000)
- Jalapeno – A burst of flavor for jalapeno lovers, offering great taste with a mild heat level. Lower in sodium than most jalapeno sauces. (Scoville Heat Units: 8,000 – 23,000)
- Datil Pepper – A thicker sauce that offers the distinct flavor of the datil pepper without the extreme heat. This is the mildest custom sauce. (Scoville Heat Units: 5,000 – 8,000)
PizzaRev empowers guests to craft their own 11” personal pizza, with all the toppings they’d like for one price. The process starts with the crust, either original or gluten-free. Guests then choose from four signature sauces, including a savory organic red sauce, a creamy white alfredo, and a spicy-sweet BBQ, and then top it off by choosing from a wide array of all-natural cheeses, meat and veggie toppings. Each pizza is fired to a perfect, Roman-style crispiness in less than three minutes in PizzaRev’s 900 degree stone-hearth oven.
PizzaRev is a “build-your-own” fast-casual pizza concept that has reinvented the way America eats its favorite food. Guests are empowered to fully customize a personal-sized 11″ pizza for one price. Homemade dough options, flavorful sauces, all-natural cheeses, and more than 30+ artisanal toppings, everything is on display at PizzaRev and assembled right before your eyes. The pizzas are then fired in a 900-degree, stone-hearth oven which produces a thin and crispy Roman-style pizza in just three minutes. Los Angeles-based PizzaRev was founded in 2012; the executive team possesses a combination of Fortune 500 operating experience and high-profile restaurant management.
PizzaRev is currently franchising and announced a strategic partnership with Buffalo Wild Wings in 2013. The company currently has 17 corporate restaurants and 10 franchise locations in operation, with additional franchises under development across Washington, D.C. and 12 states: CA, CO, MA, MN, MO, ND, NV, NY, OH, SD, TX and UT.
Director of Marketing & PR