A redefined guest experience and exciting new menu innovation highlight transformation
Orlando, FL (RestaurantNews.com) Romacorp, Inc., the parent company of Tony Roma’s, announces the grand opening of its new global prototype Tony Roma’s restaurant on International Drive in Orlando, Fla. As the world’s largest casual dining concept specializing in ribs, Tony Roma’s popularized baby back ribs nearly 45 years ago and brought the experience of American ribs and grilling to fans around the world. The new global prototype builds on this strong heritage and positions the brand for future domestic and international growth by transforming the restaurant environment, service approach and food and beverage offerings to meet the demands of today’s consumer.
“Our Orlando prototype is a transformational change for the brand and sets the standard for the future of all Tony Roma’s restaurants,” said Stephen K. Judge, President and Chief Executive Officer for Romacorp, Inc. “We’re redefining the brand experience and putting fun back into our food by innovating around what we do best: ribs. While we’ve modernized almost everything from our décor to our plateware, our atmosphere remains comfortable and friendly, offering guests a place to kick back and relax with the people who mean the most – friends and family.”
Key elements of the new global prototype restaurant that will excite fans include:
- A new modern interior and exterior décor package with flexible dining spaces to satisfy a variety of guest occasions – family dining, couple’s date nights, business meetings, watching the game, a quick bite and a drink, celebrations, or relaxing with friends after a long day
- The most extensive menu development ever done by Tony Roma’s, with over 35 new menu items for guests to explore in addition to enjoying all-time guest favorites such as Baby Back Ribs, the Onion Loaf, Kickin’ Shrimp and the Romarita®
- A sensational new menu with a renewed focus on rib innovation – including the introduction of Lamb Ribs and industry first innovations such as the new Blazin’ Buffalo Rib™ and Pork-strami Rib™
- A new “Bones & Bites” menu, designed to give today’s consumers the ability to customize their dining experience and create their own flavor adventure from a variety of small plates with bold flavors
- An enhanced beverage platform with modern cocktails, such as the new Romatini®, and 20 domestic, international and local craft beers poured through an eye-catching red “fire hydrant” draft system
- An inviting new indoor/outdoor bar and patio with a fireplace and dazzling views of the Orlando Eye and the vibrant International Drive
- Three state-of-the-art private dining rooms equipped with a full range of audio visual equipment, the perfect place for business events, meetings, family celebrations and social gatherings
With delightful tastes that will make taste buds celebrate, Tony Roma’s has added new rib-tickling items to the menu that are sure to please. Wings lovers will crave the new Blazin’ Buffalo Ribs™, juicy pork ribs coated with Ritz® cracker breading, fried crispy and tossed in a fiery Buffalo sauce. Reminiscent of the best pastrami you have ever had, the Pork-strami Ribs™ are tender pork ribs rubbed with a five-spice blend, marinated for 48 hours in house-made pastrami seasoning and brushed with an agave mustard glaze. And the Lamb Ribs, already a hit in Tony Roma’s international markets, are fall-off-the-bone delicious with a plum tarragon BBQ glaze offering the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
“We pushed the limits with the development of our new menu, experimenting with new types of ribs, cooking methods and sauces to create first of their kind craveable dishes that can’t be found anywhere else,” said Chef Bob Gallagher, Senior Vice President of Culinary. “When Baby Back Ribs were introduced to our menu in 1972, they were an instant hit. With this menu, we wanted to stick to those roots, adding new, truly innovative next generation Tony Roma’s ribs to our world-famous Baby Back Ribs, Beef Ribs and St. Louis Ribs.”
The new “Bones & Bites” menu is all about giving guests the ability to customize their experience, creating their own flavor adventure and rib experience. Menu items include quarter racks of Blazin’ Buffalo Ribs, Pork-strami Ribs, and St. Louis Ribs with Carolina Honey’s BBQ sauce, along with Cheeseburger Sliders, Pepper Jack Shrimp Poppers, and Bison Meatballs. Add to that the new Chicken Lollipops or the classic Kickin’ Shrimp and World-Famous Onion Loaf, and guests will be delighted with the new flavor adventure at Tony Roma’s.
The Orlando Tony Roma’s restaurant is a glimpse into what’s to come for the brand. A sensational new menu that blends classic Tony Roma’s menu items with bold, innovative new dishes. An enhanced guest experience with modern décor, flexible dining spaces and private dining rooms to accommodate a variety of guest occasions. A vibrant indoor/ outdoor bar and a new beverage platform with an extensive cocktail and draft beer selection. Let the celebration begin!
To learn more about the Tony Roma’s transformation and experience the innovative changes, click here: https://youtu.be/lnUnhB7a7Ys.
About Romacorp, Inc.
Romacorp, Inc., is the parent company of Tony Roma’s restaurants, the world’s largest casual dining concept specializing in ribs. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Romacorp, Inc. has more than 150 restaurant locations in more than 30 countries and is one of the most globally recognizable names in the industry. The first Tony Roma’s restaurant opened more than 40 years ago in North Miami, Florida. For more information about Romacorp, Inc. and Tony Roma’s, visit http://www.tonyromas.com.
Please visit http://www.tonyromasfranchise.com or call (866) 981-0586 for information about Tony Roma’s franchising opportunities.
Uproar PR for Romacorp Inc.
321-236-0102 ext. 230