Boston Market announces today that 400 of the company’s restaurants have completed their transformation as part of Boston Market’s nationwide rollout of changes, which includes new menu items, the replacement of disposable plates and utensils with real plates and stainlessware, upgraded serving stations to include a Chef’s Hot Case and carving stations designed to significantly enhance the Boston Market guest experience. Guests will also notice an exceptional level of hospitality from a more attentive staff. The restaurant chain, which has increased its staff by more than 3,000 new employees nationwide, began implementing these changes in early October, following a successful pilot launch last year in West Palm Beach, Florida.
As a result of these changes, Boston Market has reduced plate and cutlery usage by more than 15 percent, and all of the company’s side dish containers are reusable, recyclable, and microwave and dishwasher safe. Boston Market’s commitment to the environment ensures that the company will continue to implement changes that will reduce overall use of resins while delivering the proper containment for food.
Now that more than 80 percent of the company’s restaurant locations have been enhanced, Boston Market has experienced a double-digit increase in guest counts and sales across the country. Since the launch, more than 75 percent of guest feedback have come from customers complimenting the changes.
“We made a tremendous investment in physical upgrades, small wares and hospitality training, and we’re very pleased by the positive reaction we’ve received from our guests,” said George Michel, CEO, Boston Market. “We implemented more than 70 different changes in our restaurants, and we were able to transform more than 370 locations in less than three months. This was by far the biggest undertaking we’ve attempted as a company in our 25-year history, and we couldn’t be happier about the results.”
Specific restaurant enhancements include:
- Guest Experience:
- Increased Staff – More than 3,000 new employees have joined the Boston Market team nationwide.
- Improved Employee Training Programs – Hospitality and food preparation.
- Addition of Dining Room Ambassadors – Guests will notice a higher level of service designed to make the dining experience more pleasurable in this fast-casual concept.
- New Uniforms – Amplifying the message of quality, the new Boston Market culinarians will wear Chef Whites. Other staff will wear new uniform shirts and bib aprons for a crisp, clean look.
- Food Presentation:
- Chef’s Hot Case – One of the most visible changes are colorful enameled pots that hold temperature very well. Their small size guarantees that the food will be freshly made.
- Plateware – For guests dining in, Boston Market will serve the food on real plates and stainless steel knives, forks and spoons.
- Hand-Carved-to-Order – Rotisserie Chicken and Oven Roasted Turkey, which have always been carved-to-order, are now carved in stations that are visible to guests.
- Hand-Tossed-to-Order – Fresh entrée salads are no longer grab-and-go but tossed fresh to order throughout the day.
- New Menu Items
- Gourmet Sides – Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Garlicky Lemon Spinach, Squash Casserole and Mediterranean Green Beans.
- Hand-Carved Sandwiches – Pulled BBQ Chicken, Oven Roasted Turkey BLT and All-White Rotisserie Chicken Salad.
- Hand-Tossed Entrée Salads – Mediterranean and Southwest Santa Fe – Each made with Rotisserie Chicken.
- Sauces – The signature Rotisserie Chicken can be topped with three unique sauces – Sweet Thai Chili Garlic, Zesty Barbecue and Honey Habanero.
- More Healthy Options – Garlicky Lemon Spinach and Mediterranean Green Beans and have been added to the menu. In addition, Boston Market’s home style Rotisserie Chicken now has 20% less sodium, and its poultry gravy has 50% less sodium.
Boston Market plans to upgrade the remaining 90 locations by this summer.
About Boston Market
Boston Market Corporation, headquartered in Golden, Colorado, has been giving time back to busy families and individuals for more than 25 years by offering fresh, home–style meals in more than 490 locations from coast to coast. Boston Market is a delicious staple of dinner tables across the nation, from fresh, never frozen chickens prepared in signature rotisserie ovens to its extensive selection of high-quality side dishes. Boston Market offers its guests taste, convenience and value. Its mouthwatering Rotisserie Chicken put quality and wholesomeness on the center of the plate.
Boston Market also is one of the country’s largest providers of catering services. Its same-day ordering and delivery for corporate and personal events of all sizes make Boston Market Catering a welcome relief from traditional sandwich tray selections.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.bostonmarket.com. For the latest news and deals, follow @bostonmarket on Twitter or join our Fan Page on Facebook.