As part of Boston Market’s 25th anniversary celebration, the restaurant chain announces today the launch of a nationwide rollout of upgrades and new menu items that significantly enhance the overall guest experience. This launch will be implemented in more than 370 restaurants by the end of the year, beginning with 95 restaurants in the Miami and New York areas where the conversion will be complete by October 17th, and with the remaining locations to be completed by spring of 2011. The start of the national launch follows a successful pilot in 10 restaurants throughout the West Palm Beach, Florida area earlier this year. Guest counts have increased double digits within the first six weeks and remained at that level since the enhancements.
The company has worked tirelessly to shape the vision behind the new Boston Market, setting forth the plans for the company’s changes and upgrades. “The investment we’re making in physical upgrades and small wares is tremendous, but more importantly, we’re making an investment in Boston Market’s people and service,” said Tony Buford, Senior Vice President, Operations. “We are proud of our new offering but it’s more than just paint, pots and poultry – it’s the people. The people are the heart and soul of the company, and what makes Boston Market America’s kitchen table.” Boston Market has already hired more than 2,100 new employees, and has 3,000 more positions to fill.
As the vision for the new Boston Market becomes reality, the company’s leadership has turned careful attention to implementation. Newly-appointed Chief Executive Officer George Michel brings an extensive restaurant and operations background that will ensure efficient execution of the nationwide rollout.
The new Boston Market features a warm and inviting atmosphere with an enhanced guest experience. Specifically, Boston Market has replaced its disposable plates and utensils with real plates and stainlessware and upgraded serving stations to include a Chef’s Hot Case and carving stations. The new Boston Market menu features the addition of delicious new entrées and side dishes. Guests will also notice an exceptional level of hospitality from a larger, more attentive staff.
Specific restaurant enhancements include:
- Guest Experience:
- Increased Staff – More than 2100 new employees have already joined the Boston Market team nationwide, with 3000 more positions yet to fill.
- Improved Employee Training Programs – Hospitality and food preparation.
- Addition of Dining Room Ambassadors – Guests will notice a higher level of service designed to make the dining experience more pleasurable in this fast-casual concept.
- New Uniforms – Amplifying the message of quality, the new Boston Market culinarians will wear Chef Whites. Other staff will wear new uniform shirts and bib aprons for a crisp, clean look.
- Food Presentation:
- Chef’s Hot Case – One of the most visible changes are colorful enameled stainless steel pots which hold temperature very well. Their small size guarantees that the food will be freshly made.
- Plateware – For guests dining in, Boston Market will serve the food on real plates and stainless steel knives, forks and spoons.
- Hand-Carved-to-Order – Rotisserie Chicken and Oven Roasted Turkey, which have always been carved-to-order, are now carved in stations that are visible to guests.
- Hand-Tossed-to-Order – Fresh entrée salads are no longer grab-and-go, but tossed fresh to order throughout the day.
- New Menu Items
- Gourmet Sides – Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Garlicky Lemon Savoy Spinach, Squash Casserole, Mediterranean Green Beans.
- Hand-Carved Sandwiches – Rotisserie Chicken Pesto, Oven Roasted Turkey BLT and All-White Rotisserie Chicken Salad all served on multigrain wheat bread.
- Hand-Tossed Entrée Salads – Mediterranean, Southwest Santa Fe and Asian – Each made with Rotisserie Chicken.
- Soups – Chicken Tortilla and Broccoli Cheese.
- Sauces –Orange Chipotle Glaze, Island Mojo, Zesty Barbecue, Sweet Thai Chili Garlic and Honey Habanero were created to complement the signature Rotisserie Chicken.
- More Healthy Options – Garlicky Lemon Savoy Spinach and Mediterranean Green Beans and have been added to the menu. In addition, Boston Market’s home style Rotisserie Chicken now has 20% less sodium and its poultry gravy has 50% less sodium.
Boston Market Corporation, headquartered in Golden, Colorado, has been giving time back to busy families and individuals for more than 25 years by offering fresh, home-style meals in more than 490 locations from coast to coast. Boston Market is a delicious staple of dinner tables across the nation, from fresh, never frozen chickens prepared in signature rotisserie ovens to its extensive selection of high-quality side dishes. Boston Market offers its guests taste, convenience and value. Its mouthwatering Rotisserie Chicken put quality and wholesomeness on the center of the plate.
Boston Market also is one of the country’s largest providers of catering services. Its same-day ordering and delivery for corporate and personal events of all sizes make Boston Market Catering a welcome relief from traditional sandwich tray selections.
Boston Market’s chef-inspired Catered Holiday Buffets feature several packages, including Deluxe, Premium and Create Your Own Buffets. The full menus for Catered Holiday Buffets are available in restaurants and online at http://http://www.bostonmarket.com/catering. Boston Market also offers no-stress gourmet Heat & Serve Holiday Banquets. Just pick up your chilled meal at any Boston Market, heat for two hours, and it is ready to serve. Heat & Serve Banquet options can be accessed at www.bostonmarket.com.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.bostonmarket.com. For the latest news and deals, follow @bostmarket on Twitter or join our Fan Page on Facebook.