Innovative New Pastry Offered in Conjunction with the Café’s Spring Menu
Boston, MA (RestaurantNews.com) Au Bon Pain, the international café bakery and a leader in the fast casual restaurant category, announced today the availability of new seasonal spring menu items at its U.S. cafés. The new menu options, available from March 10 to May 4, 2014, will feature the CroisBun®, a creative, one-of-a-kind hybrid bakery item that blends together a flaky croissant with a sweet buttery bun. To introduce the CroisBun, Au Bon Pain is offering the special promotion of two CroisBuns for only $4 for a limited time.
The CroisBun was created by Au Bon Pain’s culinary head chef Roger Bowles exclusively for the café. Developed in response to the hybrid food trend that is sweeping the nation, the CroisBun allows guests to indulge in two beloved bakery items in one delicious treat. Filled with either sweet cheese or strawberry and sweet cheese, the CroisBun conveniently breaks into three pieces, making this new bakery item the perfect treat to share.
“We are especially excited about this new menu because we are debuting two flavors of the CroisBun, a distinctive new offering in our bakery, which celebrates our proud heritage of creating freshly baked, quality croissants.” said Maria Feicht, Au Bon Pain’s chief brand officer.
In addition, the spring menu will feature the fresh, seasonal flavors of the Sesame Ginger Chicken Salad, Chicken Wasabi Wrap, Carrot Ginger Soup and Black Currant Iced Tea. Capturing flavors that resonate with the change of seasons from winter to spring, the new spring menu includes new offerings that are perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner—or any time in between.
“While we know guests love and crave their favorite staple items at Au Bon Pain, we enjoy offering new, limited-time offerings throughout the course of the year. These new options, in addition to being seasonal, introduce our guests to contemporary dishes that are cravable, inventive and delicious.” said Feicht. “We are also proud to offer a variety of menu options daily that speak to every appetite, whether people are interested in healthy eating or a more indulgent treat.”
Au Bon Pain’s special spring menu and ingredients include:
- Sweet Cheese CroisBun and Strawberry and Sweet Cheese CroisBun—flaky croissant blended with buttery bun, filled with either sweet cheese or strawberry and sweet cheese
- Sesame Ginger Chicken Salad—all-natural chicken marinated in ginger teriyaki over romaine lettuce and Napa cabbage, edamame, cucumbers, carrots and almonds with sesame ginger dressing
- Chicken Wasabi Wrap—all-natural chicken marinated in ginger teriyaki with sesame seeds, romaine, Asian slaw, edamame, cucumbers and wasabi sauce in a whole wheat wrap
- Carrot Ginger Soup—carrots and ginger blended together in a vegetable broth with onions, celery and a touch of honey
- Black Currant Iced Tea—strong accents of black currants expertly blended with black tea
- Mini Cranberry Almond Macaroons—soft and chewy with a hint of almond
- Raspberry Rugelach—tender pastry with a delicious red raspberry filling
For more information on the new menu or to find an Au Bon Pain location near you, visit www.aubonpain.com.
About Au Bon Pain
Founded in 1978, Au Bon Pain (“the place of good bread”) has grown into an internationally recognized leader in the fast casual restaurant category. The chain’s signature items—sandwiches, breads, pastries, salads, soups and coffee—are served in welcoming café environments emphasizing quick service and hospitality. Au Bon Pain offers consumers a wide array of delicious, nutritional foods, and over the last three years has earned Health magazine’s designation as one of America’s Top 5 Healthiest Restaurant Chains.
Au Bon Pain operates in six key trade channels including urban office buildings, hospitals, universities, transportation centers, malls and museums, with locations ranging from 300-square-foot satellites to 6,500-square-foot cafés with 100-plus seats. Au Bon Pain currently operates in more than 310 locations in the U.S. and internationally. Additional information about Au Bon Pain, which is headquartered in Boston, may be found at www.aubonpain.com.