As temperatures start to rise and the lazy days of summer approach, SONIC®, America’s Drive-In®, serves up cool treats with the introduction of Real Ice Cream. SONIC has taken its delicious soft serve and made it even creamier and more indulgent with the introduction of Real Ice Cream.
“For years, customers have enjoyed the Frozen Favorites® treats on our menu. From shakes to blasts to sundaes, people love to visit Sonic to celebrate the return of warm weather with a frozen dessert,” said Dominic Losacco, vice president of marketing for SONIC. “Strengthening our frozen lineup with the addition of Real Ice Cream is just one more way SONIC adapts our menu to appeal to customers’ tastes and preferences.”
In addition to launching Real Ice Cream, SONIC has improved many of the toppings of the most popular Frozen Favorites® desserts, including chocolate, hot fudge, caramel and pineapple. These quality improvements include removing or reducing high fructose corn syrup and replacing it with more natural ingredients.
SONIC is also putting the boom in summer fun with its Buy One Shake, Get Another Shake Free Anytime promotion from May 17 to June 27! For six weeks, when SONIC customers order a shake they can enjoy a second shake for free when ordering or on a future visit. And, to further celebrate summer, SONIC will be offering 99-cent Real Ice Cream single topping sundaes after 8 p.m. from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
All of SONIC’s Frozen Favorites® treats will be made with Real Ice Cream, including:
- Sundaes and Banana Splits with all your favorite toppings including hot fudge, chocolate, strawberry, caramel, pineapple, whipped topping, cherries and nuts on request
- Shakes (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, caramel, banana and pineapple)
- SONIC Blast® Treats blended with Snickers® candies, a new addition to the standard menu, or other favorite add-ins like Oreo®, Reese’s® Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, M&M’s®, or Butterfinger®
- Old-fashioned Root Beer Floats and Blended Floats
- SONIC Chillers(TM)
- Limeade Chillers (cherry, strawberry, classic lime)
- Java Chillers with real espresso (mocha, caramel, hazelnut)
- CreamSlush® Treats (strawberry, orange, cherry, grape, lime, lemon, lemon-berry, blue coconut and watermelon)
SONIC, America’s Drive-In started as a hamburger and root beer stand in 1953 in Shawnee, Okla., called Top Hat Drive-In, and then changed its name to SONIC in 1959. The first drive-in to adopt the SONIC name is still serving customers in Stillwater, Okla.
As the nation’s largest chain of drive-in restaurants, SONIC has more than 3,500 drive-ins coast to coast and serves approximately 3 million customers every day.