Just in time for summer, T.G.I. Friday’s is bringing out the best seasonal flavors by introducing a new line of menu items inspired by and prepared with beer and featuring other bold, fresh ingredients. The new menu combines innovative dishes with craft beer, proving that great food is “better with brew.” Friday’s guests can celebrate the relationship between great food and a cold draft, pairing new seafood or steak dishes with the bold, hoppy flavors of Fat Tire, Magic Hat and other craft beers being introduced to the beer roster.
Friday’s is offering these regional craft beers in its restaurants for the first time, answering the call by 40 percent of consumers who like to try beer that pairs well with a seasonal dish, according to a recent survey. At its most popular in the summer – 34 percent of consumers indicate the warm months are the best time to enjoy the hoppy beverage – beer plays a key role in this summer’s menu, providing an added twist to the robust flavor of each new item.
“Beer is an essential ingredient to summer and this season’s menu stands out with the inclusion of the best regional craft brews from around the country as a pairing for complementary meals and as an ingredient in the actual recipes,” said Ricky Richardson, executive vice president and chief concept officer, T.G.I. Friday’s. “Whether our guests are enjoying an entree that has been marinated in a craft beer like our Black Angus Brew House Steak, or looking to kick back with a cold beer, they can do so at Friday’s – just as they would at a backyard barbeque or summer picnic.”
The new menu features tasty, beer-inspired dishes such as the Ale House Shrimp & Chips served with a Stout beer remoulade sauce and the Black Angus Brewhouse Steak with a beer and citrus marinade; sweet treats to help guests cool-off this summer, like the Guinness Stout shake and Ice Cream Strawberry Shortcake; and regional craft beers, such as Harpoon IPA and Goose Island Honkers Ale, which will satisfy the palates of the most discerning beer drinker.
Learn more about the new menu:
- Black Angus Brew House Steak: Premium Black Angus 8 oz. Flat Iron Steak slowly marinated in a homemade brine of beer and citrus then fire-grilled to order. Served with a craft beer sauce, potato salad and buttered summer green beans.
- Parmesan-Crusted Crab Flounder: Tender flounder fillets splashed with craft beer, pan-seared to perfection, and crowned with deviled crabmeat and crispy Parmesan breadcrumbs. Served with fresh lemon, jasmine rice pilaf and buttered summer green beans.
- Ale House Baby Back Ribs: Tender, mouth-watering baby back pork ribs slow-cooked in-house and fire-grilled with craft beer for one-of-a-kind flavor. Glazed with Jack Daniels Championship BBQ sauce and served with a side of potato salad and buttered summer green beans.
- Dijon-Crusted Beer Chicken: Pan-seared chicken fillets marinated in craft beer, flavored with Dijon, then lightly breaded with seasoned bread crumbs. Served hot with a tossed mixed greens salad and grape tomatoes drizzled with our Caesar Vinaigrette.
- Ale House Shrimp and Chips: Crispy mix of beer-battered and breaded crowns of fresh broccoli, sliced red peppers and Cajun-spiced shrimp served on home-style potato chips with Cucumber-Wasabi Ranch dip and a Stout beer remoulade sauce.
New Sweet Treats:
- Ice Cream Strawberry Shortcake: Warm shortcake topped with two scoops of vanilla ice cream, fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Sweet.
- Guinness Stout (Adults Only!): An Irish Dream! A Guinness Stout beer blended with rich chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream. Topped with whipped cream.
- Mandarin Dreamsicle (Adults Only!): Cointreau orange liqueur added to an orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream shake. Topped with mandarin oranges and whipped cream.
New Craft Beers: Availability will vary by state
- Harpoon IPA
- Magic Hat #9
- New Belgium Fat Tire Amber Ale
- Goose Island Honkers Ale
- Abita Amber
- Alaskan IPA (Alaska only)
- Boulevard Wheat
- Uinta Cutthroat Ale (Utah only)
T.G.I. Friday’s offers a unique, casual experience delivering on its brand promise of “In Here it’s ALWAYS Friday” melding authentic and imaginative American food, exciting and innovative drinks and a one of a kind service experience to provide liberation from the everyday — turning any day into a FRIDAY! It is also famous for its knowledgeable and charismatic bartenders, nearly 8,000 of whom compete annually for the title of the “Greatest T.G.I. Friday’s Bartender in the World.” As the original casual dining restaurant, Friday’s delights guests in more than 900 restaurants across more than 60 countries around the globe.