Boston Market has reached a milestone in its nationwide launch of restaurant enhancements designed to significantly enhance the guest experience. With upgrades completed in more than 50 percent of Boston Market locations, six locations in the Raleigh area will unveil a new look featuring a warm and inviting atmosphere, with changes such as the replacement of disposable plates and utensils with real plates and stainlessware, and upgraded serving stations to include a Chef’s Hot Case and carving stations. The new menu features the addition of delicious new entrées and side dishes, including new crispy items such as chicken tenders and fries which are being tested specifically in the Raleigh market. Guests will also notice an exceptional level of hospitality from a larger, more attentive staff.
First introduced earlier this year in the West Palm Beach, Florida area, guest counts have increased double digits within the first six weeks and remained at that level since the enhancements. During the last month, Boston Market has implemented the changes in more than 200 locations and has found that 84 percent of customer feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Nearly 170 more Boston Market restaurants are planned to implement the changes by the end of the year.
“For 25 years Boston Market has had a respected place on the kitchen tables of homes around the country,” said Tony Buford, Senior Vice President of Operations, Boston Market. “For those not able to enjoy our food at home, we now offer the use of our own kitchen table – ‘America’s Kitchen Table.’ We lead busy lives, but we should never be too busy to share a good meal together.”
Boston Market will begin opening its doors this week at six restaurant locations in and around Raleigh. The first 25 visitors to each location at lunch and at dinner will receive a $25 gift card as part of the restaurant’s 25th anniversary celebration.
Specific restaurant enhancements include:
- Guest Experience:
- Increased Staff – More than 2,100 new employees have already joined the Boston Market team nationwide, with 3,000 more positions yet to fill. In the Raleigh area, Boston Market has created jobs for nearly 20 new employees.
- Improved Employee Training Programs – Hospitality and food preparation.
- Addition of Dining Room Ambassadors – Guests will notice a higher level of service designed to make the dining experience more pleasurable in this fast-casual concept.
- New Uniforms – Amplifying the message of quality, the new Boston Market culinarians will wear Chef Whites. Other staff will wear new uniform shirts and bib aprons for a crisp, clean look.
- Food Presentation:
- Chef’s Hot Case – One of the most visible changes are colorful enameled stainless steel pots which hold temperature very well. Their small size guarantees that the food will be freshly made.
- Plateware – For guests dining in, Boston Market will serve the food on real plates and stainless steel knives, forks and spoons.
- Hand-Carved-to-Order – Rotisserie Chicken and Oven Roasted Turkey, which have always been carved-to-order, are now carved in stations that are visible to guests.
- Hand-Tossed-to-Order – Fresh entrée salads are no longer grab-and-go, but tossed fresh to order throughout the day.
- New Menu Items
- Gourmet Sides – Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Garlicky Lemon Savoy Spinach, Squash Casserole, Mediterranean Green Beans.
- Crispy Market®Sides – French Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Mac & Cheese Bites, Onion Straws
- Chicken Tenders and Chicken Tender Sandwiches
- Hand-Carved Sandwiches – Rotisserie Chicken Pesto, Oven Roasted Turkey BLT and All-White Rotisserie Chicken Salad all served on multigrain wheat bread.
- Hand-Tossed Entrée Salads – Mediterranean, Southwest Santa Fe and Asian – Each made with Rotisserie Chicken.
- Soups – Chicken Tortilla and Broccoli Cheese.
- Sauces – Orange Chipotle Glaze, Island Mojo, Zesty Barbecue, Sweet Thai Chili Garlic and Honey Habanero were created to complement the signature Rotisserie Chicken.
- More Healthy Options – Garlicky Lemon Savoy Spinach and Mediterranean Green Beans and have been added to the menu. In addition, Boston Market’s home style Rotisserie Chicken now has 20% less sodium and its poultry gravy has 50% less sodium.
Boston Market locations around Raleigh will offer 25th Anniversary deals to celebrate this important milestone:
- A $4.99 Quarter Dark Rotisserie Meal with choice of two sides has been added to the menu for new every day value.
“The investment we’re making in physical upgrades and small wares is tremendous, but more importantly, we’re making an investment in Boston Market’s people and service,” said Buford. “We are proud of our new offering but it’s more than just paint, pots and poultry – it’s the people. The people are the heart and soul of the company, and what makes Boston Market America’s kitchen table.”